As the nation continues to stay at home, more and more events are moving online.
It’s easy to start feeling bored when you’re at home all day, but new online events are being planned every day to help you stay entertained and learn new skills.
Quarantine Art Club
Quarantine is the perfect time to learn some new skills! If you’ve ever wanted to improve your drawing or painting skills, new online classes are a great tool. Scera.org has a complete listing of classes throughout the month. Each class details the materials you’ll need, all of which can be found around the house.
- When? Classes daily, see site for times
- Where? https://scera.org/events/quarantine-art-club/
- How Much? Classes cost $5 – $7 each
The Shows Must Go On
Here’s your chance to see some of the biggest Broadway musicals in history, all from the comfort of home. Theater legend Andrew Lloyd Webber, the writer of some of the biggest musicals of all time, is streaming full-length videos of some of his most popular works every week.
- When? Every Friday, 2 p.m. EST
- Where? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdmPjhKMaXNNeCr1FjuMvag/featured
- How Much? Free! The composer suggests that anyone who is able donate to charity during this time.
Altísimo Live Cinco de Mayo Festival
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday celebrating one of the country’s most historic military victories. In the US, it’s a day to celebrate the influence Mexican culture has had on our own. This year some of Latin music’s biggest stars, including Gloria Estefan and Luis Fonsi, are teaming up for a virtual concert to raise money for the Farmworker’s COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Fund.
- When? May 5th, 1 p.m. EST
- Where? https://www.instagram.com/iheartlatino/?hl=en
- How Much? Free! Viewers are encouraged to donate to migrant worker relief.
Learn to Cook
With everyone staying at home, cooking at baking have never been more popular. If you want to improve your skills in the kitchen, chefs and food experts are offering advice and recipes to help you start. Renowned chef Massimo Bottura is offering fun and informative lessons on his Instagram. If following a Michelin-starred chef seems intimidating, Queer Eye’s Antoni Porowski is offering easy-to-follow lessons as well.